22 — Number of Social enterprises SINA created
85— Number of scholars currently becoming social entrepreneurs
67— Number of jobs created
1050 — Community members empowered through upcycling plastic bottle construction
260,000+ Lifes improved through SINA Social Enterprises
350,000 Number of plastic bottles upcycled
SINA has been recognized by Uganda’s president Museveni, when SINA exhibited to him and was able to talk to him. Also the German President Joachim Gauck met with Etienne Salborn, our SINA founder in Berlin.
SINA was nominated for the HIVOS Social Innovation Award out of hundreds of projects from around the world and our founder Etienne Salborn was invited to give a speech at the award ceremony in Amsterdam in February 2015. In 2016 SINA won the PremaGyan Good100 Award at the GoodFestival in Lausanne, Switzerland and is among the top projects promoting sustainable innovation in the world.
SINA also received a scholarship in 2014 and 2016 under German’s Chancellor Angela Merkel with her programme “StartSocial”.
SINA also became the 2014 “Lighthouse Project” of the German Network for Civil Engagement.
SINA has created further opportunities and was able to link scholars and their startups to participate in:
- CeBit, Hanover, Germany.
- Google Launchpad Start, Kenya.
- AMPION Fellowship, Germany.
- Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme (TEEP), Nigeria.
- Social Entrepreneurship Forum (SE Forum), Sweden, Kenya.
- Finalist of the African Entrepreneurship Award, Marocco.
- Global Changemakers Summit, Switzerland.
- Startup Venture Bus, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda.
- The Pollination Project, USA.
- UNICEF’s Voices of Youth, Global.
- Speaker at the World Bank Annual Meetings, USA.
- Ideas for Action Competition 2017, second place, World Bank, Washington DC, USA.
- F-LANE -Vodafone Institute Accelerator for Female Empowerment, Germany.
- Africa Talks Jobs Conference, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia.
- GoodFestival, Switzerland.
- Ubuntu Talks, Speaker, Kampala, Uganda.
- Bildkorrekturen Conference on Fashion and Development, Leipzig, Germany.
- 2017 Changemaker and Innovator Summit, Uganda.
- iplusm organic shop, Germany.
- Startup Cup African Final. South Africa.
- Future Jamboree, Poland.
- MTV Staying Alive Award Winner 2017, UK.
- Social Impact Award Winner by appsafrica 2016, South Africa
- Panalist on the Girls Gearing Up International Leadership Program, Germany.
- World Innovation Summit on Education (WISE) 2017, Doha, Qatar.
- ECOZONE, Urban TV Uganda.
Individual SINA members have been recognized through:
- Queen’s Young Leader’s Award Winner, by Her Majesty The Queen Elizabeth II., UK
- Women Deliver: Young Leader, USA
- Lioness of Africa
- Youth Scaling the Impact of Social Innovation Competition Winner, Mastercard Foundation
- Startup Cup Uganda, Winner.
- MTN Innovation Award 2017 Nominee, Uganda
- deutschlandradio, Germany
- Bocconi Prize, Adansonia Business Proposal Competition, Milan, Italy
- African Women Award Winner, Zimbabwe
- World Bank Africa Fellow, USA.
- Exhibitor and Artist at the Global Art Festival, India
- Echoing Green Fellow, New York, USA
- iCon Magazine
- Spark TV, Uganda
- Bukedde TV, Uganda
- Ashoka Changemaker
- appsafrica Award nomination for Women in Tech
- Westerwelle Foundation Young Founders
- UniTED Award for Social Impact
- Laureate Global Fellow, YouthActionNet
- The Road to Nairobi, Building Bridges Foundation
- Uganda’s President H.E. Yoweri Museveni at State House Uganda
- Urban TV, Uganda
- delta TV, Uganda
- Winner of the openIDEO Amplify Challenge, USA.
- UNHCR Humanitarian Jam, Uganda
- Africa Can Program of the World Bank, USA.
- AJ+ (Al Jazeera), Qatar.
- deutschland.de, Germany
- Kampala Art Biennale, Uganda
- Der Tagesspiegel, Berlin, Germany.
- ideaTV, Uganda
- Top Radio, 89.6, Uganda
- YALI Mandela Washington Fellowship, Kenya